Sunday, December 21, 2008

These girls are funny....

So this past week Gracie and Whitney have been cracking me up - when they haven't been making me want to pull my hair out. Here are a few gems from this week:

I got up from the floor in the family room to turn on the Christmas tree lights Wednesday morning and started singing....

me: Deck the halls with boughs of holly, fa la la la la la la la la, tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la la la

gracie (singing): You've got a napkin stuck to your butt, fa la la la la la la la la.

Sure enough, paper towel stuck to my butt.

Wednesday night my frieng Jinger, whose little boy is in the girls preschool class says:

So, Jennie (the kids teacher) told me that on Tuesday Whitney was sitting at the boys table and this is what she heard:

whitney: So, which girls in the class do you think are hot?

WHAT???? I went right over to Whitney and asked her why she was asking the boys which girls were hot and she says: I didn't mom.

me: Mrs. Jennie said she heard you say that yesterday at school.

whitney (turning pale): Is she here?

me: Whit, do you even know what it means when you think someone is hot?

whitney: No.

me: Where did you here that from then?

whitney: From Hannah.

Aha! Boy crazy teenager. Makes much more sense now! =)

On Saturday we had been snacking on swedish fish and I told the girls we weren't having anymore that night. So we were watching a movie and I was holding Whitney and we both fell asleep (Jer was at Wal Mart) for probably an hour. After the show I was taking the girls up to bed and this is what Gracie tells me:

gracie: Mom, I have to tell you something. Guess what I did while you were sleeping?

me (instantly starting to panic): What did you do Grace?

gracie: I ate a bunch of swedish fish while I watched the movie.
She was laughing hysterically after she told me this. It was so funny.

One last story. Today in sacrament meeting the twins primary teacher was one of the speakers. We were sitting in the middle section about 3/4 of the way back in the chapel and Jeremy was holding the twins on his lap (don't ask). When all of a sudden Gracie, who is sitting up a little higher than Jer, sticks her hand up in the air and starts furiously waving at her teacher in the middle of his talk.

I love these girls!


4 comments:

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

So I haven't read your blog in awhile, but I am all caught up. It is so much fun to read how crazy it is at other people's houses, it makes ours seem a little more normal. The entry where everyone was sick...some days just go on forever. Glad you guys are doing good and I will talk to you later.

Ashley said...

those stories are hilareous! I love the one about the paper napkin! Ty has started to use the word "hot" a lot too-it makes me so mad!

Emily Brimhall said...

hilarious!!! love the cowgirl pictures too

Melissa said...

That is so funny. I love how Gracie ate the swedish fish, what a funny kid.