Thursday, December 4, 2008

Just Another Day in Paradise......

Let me preface how this day has been going with how my night ended. I was on the computer ready to watch a little Chuck and decided to hurry and check my facebook - such an addiction - there was a message from my cousin to click on a link for a video I was in, thinking maybe it was from Ashley's wedding dinner, I clicked away - yep, it was a virus. So I was online with Norton for two hours last night while they repaired my computer. Are you jealous yet?

So, this morning Livvy had her immunization and well baby appointment for 8:30 in the morning. Jeremy had to go down to Utah last night to attend the funeral of his aunt so he took the car and left me his work truck, so I was already a little on edge about that because it has been a while since I've driven a stick. The twins have preschool at 9:00 which I totally spaced when I made Livvy's appointment so my friend Jinger said I could drop the twins off at her house and she would run them to preschool - her son is in the twins class. So at about 8:00 I went out and started the truck, Jer told me it took a good 10 minutes to warm up and headed back in to get the kids bundled up. Whitney and Gracie were both in the bathroom and Whitney said, "Mom, Gracie just threw up in the toilet and it was a lot." Great. Can't take a pukey kid to preschool or my friends house for that matter. So I get on the phone and call our next door neighbor who said she can watch Gracie, who, by the way, is looking greener and greener every minute. Have I mentioned that I was supposed to work tonight? Can't take a pukey kid to the babysitter either. So I called my friend at work and she said she would cover for me. Still haven't left the house. Get the kids bundled up and put the baby in the truck, Whitney in the back seat and walk Gracie over to Cheryl's hoping she doesn't pass out. She does not pass out. Whew. Take Whitney to Jinger's house and I have 10 minutes until I am supposed to be at Livvy's appointment, it will take me at least 15 minutes to get to the office. One bright spot - have not stalled the truck yet - so I call the doctors office and tell them I am running late and they say no big deal. Finally make it to Rexburg and am about 2 minutes from the doctors office when they call and say Livvy's doctor will not be in until 9:45 (he is a family practitioner and is always delivering babies), can I please come in the office then? "No I can't. This always happens when I have an appointment with him. Can I please see another doctor." They comply. Pull into the parking lot which is completely empty. Get Livvy out of the truck and the diaper bag and purse. Haul us to the doors and there is a small sign saying that they have finished construction on the building and to now please use the doors on the other side of the building. Bugger. I said a couple of choice words, pack us back in the truck and drive to the other side of the building. Finally made it. Livvy got her immunizations and the other doctor was awesome. Livvy has a bacterial infection and yeast infection, not awesome. Take the baby to Walmart to get her prescription filled and 30 minutes later we are headed home to pick up pukey pants and wait for Whitney to get home from preschool.

Cheryl (my neighbor) said Gracie was great, didn't eat much, but also didn't throw up. Things are looking up. As soon as we walked through the back door Gracie immediately heads to the bathroom and barfs. Poor thing. She is just so sweet and cute and when she is sick it is just so sad. The baby is sleeping in her car seat in the bedroom, Gracie is resting on the couch and Whitney walks in the door having had an awesome time at preschool. Whitney is now my official helper for the day - she is reveling in the title and is looking forward to the time when she is in charge of all things, not just the helper. Gracie has only thrown up one more time and the baby woke up, ate, pooped, played, nursed and is down for a nap again.

What a day - and it is only 1:20 p.m. Here are pictures of my cutie pie kids today:





One side note: Livvy now weighs 17 lbs. 6 oz. and is 27 inches long. That means she is in the 89% for height and 81% for weight.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Poor Gracie! I hate it when the kids are sick. I am amazed that you still got everything done! I think I would have cancelled the doctor's appointment, cancelled preschool, and sat down with a diet coke. What an awesome mom! I hope that tomorrow is better. Hey, at least you got out of work. Put Whitney to work-make her rub your feet at least.

Vegas Emily said...

I tried to get her to rub my neck but she was useless with her small hands =). I am sitting with a diet rootbeer right now - I read the new Ensign and am feeling guilty about my caffeine addiction.

judd and ash said...

I love that I am not the only one who has those days...when it rains it pours, right? Hang in there:)

Jenny Roberts said...

What a day! I'm with Melissa... if my day started off like yours I would have just cancelled everything and hunkered down, maybe called in reinforcements. You're awesome!

Ashley said...

It's good to hear that eveything is good in Idaho :) btw-don't try calling me because my phone got soaked by my dishwasher and is busted..I am without any type of communication because Jeff is on a business trip...Love you Em, sure miss ya :)

Emily Brimhall said...

I feel so bad you got that virus. its a nasty one that took me days to get off my computer too. Some hacker out there had a hay day with my facebook account.