Monday, December 15, 2008

O Christmas Tree and some other stuff

We put up our Christmas tree about 1 1/2 weeks ago and I let the girls decorate it - can you tell I'm tired? I am honestly not one of those people that really cares if my tree looks perfect, it's more fun for me to watch the kids decorate it and this year they did not disappoint as evidenced by these pictures (is evidenced a word or have I been watching Law & Order too much?) Anyhoo, if you are bored and would like to count the number of ornaments on the bottom 1/4 of the tree I believe there are between 20 & 30.



I also thought it would be fun to string popcorn this year and put it on the tree. Then I got the bright idea to add gumdrops to it so it would be colorful - an hour and a half later this is what I had accomplished:


I am planning on finishing up with just popcorn today or tomorrow.


Here are some random pictures of the kids.....well, mostly Olivia, the twins are kind of getting shafted in the picture department right now.



The twins watching a show after a bath. It is ridiculously hard to get candid pictures of these two.





Can you tell this kid loves her exersaucer?




This is what happens when you leave the baby with her daddy while you go grocery shopping.

One final note: I was talking to the twins yesterday and told them that mommy was going to be eating more healthy and exercising more so that we could do more things together and this is how the rest of the coversation went:

me: So, do you think you could help mommy work on being more healthy?

gracie: Sure! Do you think you can also work on not yelling at us?

crap.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't stop laughing about Gracie's comment! I love it! I really wanted to string up popcorn this year too but decided to just hang candy canes instead. I love the pic of Olivia in her hat!

judd and ash said...

The tree looks great, I think 90% of my ornaments ended up on the bottom 2 limbs as well...oh well, it's all about the kids anyway...right. Did you get the pics of your girls in the mail yet? I thought they turned out darling...Merry Christmas!!!

Jenny Roberts said...

You kids did pretty good decorating the tree. Our tree had just about all our ornaments on three branches. I love the comment about working on not yelling so much...only because I can relate. My kids have reminded me a number of times that I shouldn't yell.

Melissa said...

That's so funny. I'm glad we all have something to work on, right?

Mama said...

That is too funny! I let beaners deco our tree, he put them all in a clump....I spread them out, but I still give him all the credit!