Saturday, June 7, 2008

She's Here!



I was very surprised on Monday when my water broke - I had finally given up on the idea of going into labor on my own and just went with the plan of being induced on Tuesday. After laboring for close to 11 hours our baby girl started having adverse reactions to the contractions and we ended up having a c-section late Monday night. She is SO worth it. We were in the hospital for 3 days and came home Thursday afternoon. I am feeling pretty good - just tired. Livvy is such a good little baby - she just eats and sleeps - at night she is sleeping between 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours between feedings which has just been great. Whitney and Gracie are SO proud to be big sisters. They were quite helpful while Grandma Dana and Aunt Marianne were here helping me on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. The girls are spending the next week down in Utah with my family and Jeremy's family - they are very excited. I couldn't stop crying after they left, but I know they will have a good time and it will be such a treat to have them home with us again next weekend. Here are some pictures of our little princess - her first bath given by Grandma Dana, her cute purple outfit from Aunt Marianne and some more pictures of her with her sisters.





5 comments:

Melissa said...

She is SO beautiful! I think she looks like both girls...and of course, like you and Jeremy. All that hair, and those eyes...I just want to kiss her! I am glad you are doing okay, don't worry, the girls will be back before you know it. Savannah is so excited to see them. Enjoy your time you have to yourself to get to know this sweet little spirit! (And hopefully a bit of sleep) Love you.

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

She is so cute! I am so excited! I can't wait to actually see her and hold her! I hope you are doing well! I will have to show these pictures to Matt tonight when he gets home.

Mama said...

Oh my heck! TOO beautiful to be a new born!!!! I love her already! CONGRATS!!!!
minda

Jenny Roberts said...

Precious. She is adorable. She totally looks like a Van Dyke. I love babies.

Jana Homer said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Emily she is beautiful! I'm glad you all are doing well! I can't wait to meet her in person.