Today was play group and we went to the sandbar in St. Anthony for the first time this season. The city started renovating it last year and so there is a bunch of new sand, sidewalks and it also has a little pavillion and playground. The twins were very excited to wear their swimsuits - they found it quite wonderful that they didn't have to wear underwear with them. Gracie kept getting a melvin and when I would tell her to pull her swimsuit out she would yank it up - ouch. I think if we had a contest every night to see which kid in town had the dirtiest face it would be Whit - just look at her face after lunch. We spent 3 hours at the sandbar and had so much fun. All the kids were playing in the water even though it is still freezing - let's be honest - the water is still cold in August, so you can imagine how cold it is now. But it was really warm and the sand was hot, so it felt good. The twins brought their new "sandbar toys" to share with all of the kids and they were a big hit. I don't know what I would do without all of our friends up here. We really love it up here and can't wait for visitors this summer.
3 comments:
Cute cute! I think that Whitney looks so much like you in the first picture. Not that you have food all over your face, but you two just look alike. Their swimsuits are so cute! I can't believe they are getting so old. We can't wait to come!
Oh, I wish I lived in Idaho!!! I am so tired of all the traffic and craziness!!!
Idaho rules - as long as you don't count November - February. Maybe when you guys are up here my friends Yvonne and Mandie can teach us how to kayak.
Post a Comment