Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What We've Been Up To.....

About 3 weeks ago we decided to take the kids hiking up in Granite Basin......we mapped out the hike and figured it was around 3 miles which was totally doable. 5 miles and 3 1/2 hours later we were kissing our car and the kids finally stopped crying. To be fair they did REALLY well until the last mile. We are still loving our little hiking trips once or twice a week.



Livvy has perfected the art of smearing her food around her face and really getting it in her hair. I cringe every time I hand her pb & j for lunch because I just know this is what we are going to get:



Our little Puppy also loves climbing in the cabinets underneath our kitchen sink. The garbage can spends a lot of time on the counter or in the pantry. We have bought the safety latches but have yet to install them.



Jeff, Melinda and their kids made the trek over from Las Vegas to celebrate the 4th of July. We took them to our favorite hiking spot Friday morning and had lots of fun and plenty of giggles as we scaled the Dells....Jeff made us a little nervous with the combination of his climbing skills and the fact that he was carrying Zackie on his back. Towards the end of the hike it started to rain and it felt SO good.



Saturday morning we attended the LONGEST parade in the history of parades. And it wasn't much fun because it was mostly made up of horses, cars and lots of older women dressed up like pioneer day hookers. The highlight of the parade was when Senator McCain walked right by us - Melinda shook his hand and I got an awesome picture. The twins were extremely good and such good sports considering we got to the parade around 8 a.m. and didn't leave until close to noon. And little Puppy sat in her stroller the entire time and was SO good.










The twins and Brady participated in our 4-ward kid parade Saturday night. We decorated their scooter and they looked so cute. It made me realize that the twins have kind of outgrown the scooters - they need some taller models.....Whitney was one of the first ones in the parade and when Sister Stearns told them to start it was like she was in a race - she just took off and went super fast....it gave me and Jer a good chuckle. Gracie, of course, waited her turn and went at a normal, non-race pace. After the parade we ate dinner with the other wards and waited for the fireworks. The fireworks were AWESOME!!! Honestly the best ones I have seen in a long time and we had a perfect view from the lawn of the church.





P.S. I really miss St. Anthony but I have to say that Prescott Valley/Prescott really suits me. I really like it here and am excited for this next chapter in our lives.

9 comments:

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

Oh, it looks like you guys are having fun!! I love hiking! Why is it that you call Livvy the puppy?

Vegas Emily said...

Because she is always crawling/walking around with stuff in her mouth. And she likes to bite!!! =)

Summer said...

Thats awesome that you guys go hiking once a week. 3 1/2 hours? Impressive! Anyway, Rance needs Jeremy's phone number, so if he could give Rance a call or post it on my blog that would be great! Have a great rest of July!

Shemri and Gang said...

So cute, I think your girls are beautiful!

Olinselot said...

oh we miss you guys. Gage said the other day that he couldn't get married because "his girl" moved away. "remember mom, her name was Whitney and she's beautiful, and now i'll never see her again, so I can't get married". Oh He's so funny. We do miss you guys a lot. Everytime we see a silver oldsmobile we think of you. Sounds like you're having a good time.

Melissa said...

Awww...they are getting so big! The twins' hair is so long. Olivia reminds me so much of Bella...I basically have to strip her down every meal, because she is just the messiest kid. I am glad you are liking it there-we miss you guys!

Ashley said...

yay for a new post! It looks like you had a great weekend! It's crazy how old the kids are getting-their hair is gorgeous!!! I miss you Em, you look so happy :)

Jenny Roberts said...

Your cupboard is so clean! LOL

Vegas Emily said...

Only because the baby keeps getting under it! Everything is in the pantry - you won't be seeing any pictures of that on here =)!