Friday, May 8, 2009

The Curious Case of Whitney Sorenson


What can I say about this kid? She is SO smart it makes me nervous, wants desperately to know about everything that is going on - she will ask me random questions about things she overhears me saying on the phone, etc. I rented the Curious Case of Benjamin Button (which was pretty good, not the BEST movie I've ever seen), anyway, Whit had asked me what movie I was going to watch after I put them to bed and I told her. Well, yesterday morning she is up all of 5 minutes and asks me:

"So, mom, how did that Strange Case of Benjamin Butler go last night? Did you like it?"

Man, oh man, she is hilarious and remembers EVERYTHING.

In the car yesterday she says:

"Mom, not everybody likes Jesus!"

Me (a little nervous to ask this question): "Really, who?"

Whitney (loud and confident): "Satan!"

Smart kid.

12 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

lol! That cracks me up, because I can totally relate! Maybe it's a good thing if her and my daughter Adalyn don't get together!!!

Melissa said...

Oh I love that Whitney! She reminds me so much of Savannah...I love that she is 5 going on 18! PS-the word verification I just had to type to post a comment was undees:)

Mary said...

Aren't kids wonderful. I just love the things that come out of the mouth of a babe.

Hannah :] said...

Heh. I wish you lived closer so I would know your kids better! Plus they obviously love to listen to me :) Hope to see you soon!

Summer said...

Love it! Benjamin Butler huh? I'll have to watch it sometime:) YOu're girls are a hoot!

Jenny Roberts said...

Kids are amazingly smart.

Ashley said...

Whitney is so funny! She is so stinkin smart Emily! I am so excited about how everything has worked out for your family!!!!

Matt and Carly Van Dyke said...

I love when you post the things the girls say and do cause I feel like I hardly know them, and so it's so fun to read your blog!!

Olinselot said...

I LOVE WHITNEY!!! and so does Gage! he he

Emily Brimhall said...

she is a light bright. that cracks me up

Mama said...

HI !!! I am laughing so hard at your entire blog today! Just what I needed (go see my blog)... Can not WAIT to see you Saturday!
I'll call you!
melinda

Jana Homer said...

Ha ha! It's funny what kids come up with! Your kids are growing too fast!