This past weekend we planted our first garden. The girls were pretty excited but not as much as me and Jeremy. I have been reading this book called Gardening by the Square Foot which is basically a more efficient way to garden. We only planted the "cold hardy" veggies on Saturday and in two 4'x4' squares we planted the following: 4 broccoli plants, 4 cauliflower plants, 24 pea plants, 8 red onions, 10 green onions, 2 chives, 8 spinach, 64 carrots. We are very proud of our little garden which will expand in another month or so when it warms up some more. We also planted 20 strawberry plants and plan on planting another 20. I know that most of you probably will find this entry quite boring, but I am just loving learning about plants, etc. I started an herb garden inside that we can transplant towards the end of May and the mint is already sprouting. One of my friends up here, Mandie, is a horticulturist (?), and I have been her little shadow. She has been so helpful and patient with me as I learn.
On Saturday when Jeremy was digging up some of our thousands of lilacs Whitney was out there with him - she had a plastic hoe - and was following right behind him and when he would start shoveling an area Whitney would try to start shoveling and then say "Dad - you are right in my spot - please move!"
I am also, for the most part, over my prolonged illness. Whatever it was, it is gone and I don't miss it one bit. I still cough - but it is minimal and peeing everytime I do cough has ceased. I am very relieved. I was considering investing in Depends.
2 comments:
Well, I am proud of you and your newfound gardening interest. And you almost made it through a blog without talking about the potty or a potty subject...right until the end! Better luck next time :) Sienna has been sleeping through the night on and off, last night she slept from 8pm-6am, I feel like a new woman! She is getting so big, you need to see her!
Maybe you should bring the kids up for a couple of days. We would love to see you. I thought about the whole bathroom thing after I put that part in about me peeing. Oh well - I guess I'm just staying true to who I am. Ha! Right now I am watching Jon & Kate plus 8. It is about a couple that has a set of twin girls that are 4 or 5 and sextuplets that are around 2. It is my worst nightmare right here on the t.v. And it doesn't even invole sharks, bears or tornadoes. I guess next time I get asked what my worst fears are I will have to add having another set of twins or more to the list of sharks, bears and tornadoes.
Post a Comment