Anyway, here are some pictures of our adventure. My favorite part was when we were making s'mores. I roasted a marshmallow for Livvy which she dropped on the bench next to her, Gracie was sitting down by her and gave Livvy her extra marshmallow - then Gracie stood up for something and sat down on Livvy's marshmallow she dropped - totally mooshed and stuck to her butt - Jeremy was thrilled. While we were trying to get Gracie cleaned up, Livvy picked up the marshmallow Gracie had given her and just kind of smooshed it all up in her hand, then started rubbing her eyes and ended up having marshmallow stuck in her eyebrows, her hair and her eyelashes. I personally thought the whole thing was hilarious - betcha can't guess who didn't.
I think that my girls look "a little bit" like their mom. What do you think?
By the end of the day Livvy was absolutely wiped out - she was SO dirty - she would slip and fall and just sit there and play in the dirt until one of us would stand her back up.
We made s'mores with peanut butter cups and they were VERY GOOD. Then I started thinking that a melty tootsie roll inside a roasted marshmallow might be good - SO GOOD. And THEN, I decided to roast a marshmallow, then put 1/4 of a pb cup on the tip of the roaster so when I slid the marshmallow off it would melt the pb cup a little and that was THE BEST - only got a picture of the tootsie combo though.
This was our view driving home - my camera didn't quite capture it, but it looked like a postcard.
And this was MY view when I turned around to get back in the Ped (my nickname for the Expedition - very original). Try not to be jealous ladies - he is all man and he is all mine.
This was a very good day.
10 comments:
This post made me laugh so hard -- except for the part about the swine flu. That stinks. But the marshmallow bit was hilarious!
Ooooooooh yeah, I heard about this family that caught swine flu, and they couldn't figure out how, since they had been living at a campsite to prevent any chance of getting it, and last week they all came down with...you guessed it, swine flu.
Hahaha. I think I'm funny. And I think you're fun, what a fun little getaway with my favorite nieces. lucky!
It looks and sounds like you had a great time. Matt is a lot like Jeremy when we go camping but he has learned to relax over the years, maybe Jeremy will as well. Your girls are all so cute!!
Im glad you got to get out and have some fun. I love the marshmellow story. I cant believe how tall Gracie is next to Jeremy she must be atleast a foot taller than Colby by now. I also really love Livvys dirtyness. Mo is 4 and her face still looks like that all the time. We miss you guys and hope we can come down for New Years.
Glad to hear you all survived the oink oink flu! Definately trying out those marshmallows on our next camping trip!
Jeremy sounds a lot like my husband James. He gets frustrated on family outings as well. It means that I end up taking the kids out a lot and once in a while he joins us. It must be a guy thing. They are not as tough as us.
I loved this post! I'm sorry about the swine flu! I love the marshmallow bum story. You should tell Gracie about the time that dad sat in gum at one of your games-tell her it runs in the family :0
I think we had the swine flu at our house, but we never got an "official" diagnosis, so I decided it was "okay" for me to go wherever I wanted. I am sure the folks at Walmart appreciated that.
LOL! I loved the last pic of Jeremy!! I can't believe you all had the swine flu! I'm glad you are all okay.
I love to hear someone else has a hubby who is a cranky bum on fun outings. Whats with that anyways? Swine flu is seriously no fun though :)
Post a Comment