Tuesday, July 10, 2007

4th of July & Yellowstone

I feel like such a slacker - I have not been great with keeping this blog up to date. On the 4th of July we went down to Idaho Falls (or as Gracie calls it, Idafo Falls) to the big parade with our friends Mandie and Kevin (the Duprees) and then we spent the rest of the day there. We took the girls to the zoo and to an arcade to play games and go on rides. That night we met back up with the Duprees to watch the fireworks. It was so much fun. These first pics are of the girls at the parade - Whitney had just applied her own lipgloss.






We took the girls to Yellowstone Park this past weekend and had such a good time. We took them almost exactly a year ago and they did so much better this time around. We finally saw bears in the park - it was our first time - and we ended up seeing 3 black bears - one far away, and two of them were about 20 yards away. It was pretty amazing. We also saw a lot of buffalo, elk, coyotes and did see a moose and its calf. The girls and Jer went hiking up these rocks for the following pictures. It is so beautiful up there. It would be fun to rent a little cabin up there for a couple of days and see the whole park and go on a few hiking trails.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So cute. How do your girls look so grown up in all the pictures? I hope the soccer game goes well tomorrow, coach. I know that Savannah and Ty can't wait to see Whitney and Gracie, and it will be so nice to spend time with you guys! I am so happy that you love it in Idaho, it seems like a great place to raise a family.